Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
CryEngine 3 SDK is a level editor which is used by game developers, modifications etc.
The current version of CryEngine 3 SDK is 3.4.3.
1. Go to this page.
2. Click "Download now". The page will redirect you to Crydev page.
3. Click "Download the free SDK now!".
4. Click "Download now". The file is large so it may take several minutes or hours to download.
5. Open it with extraction program like 7-Zip or WinRAR.
6. Create a folder first, name it "CryEngine3SDK".
7. Extract all contents from the .zip file to CryEngine3SDK folder.
8. Run the Editor or Launcher.exe from Bin32 or Bin64 folder. 64-bit OS can run both, while 32-bit OS can only run 32-bit Editor and Launcher.
9. The Editor and Launcher requires you to login to Crydev. You can register at Crydev website. You can skip this step if you already have a Crydev account.
10. After you registered and logged in, CryEngine 3 SDK will launch in a few seconds.
Running CryEngine 3 SDK under Windows 8Edit
If you try to run CryEngine 3 SDK on Windows 8, it will crash with a "stopped working" error.
Follow these steps to run CryEngine 3 SDK on Windows 8 successfully:
1. Go to Bin32 (not Bin64) folder.
2. Rename both "CryRenderD3D9.dll" and "CryRenderD3D11.dll" to "CryRenderD3D11.dll" and "CryRenderD3D500.dll".
3. Launch the 32-bit Editor or Launcher to see what happens.
4. If it doesn't help, please wait Crytek for an update for supporting Windows 8.
5. If it launches, you need to disable skinning by go to View>Skins, then uncheck "Enable Skinning". This helps to prevent Editor crash on exiting, then your account will be still online and will be locked out in a few hours. You can still login to Crydev.